Thursday, March 15, 2007

Diligence

Just wanted to share a verse I saw in my quiet time one morning.

1 "How blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, Who seek Him with all their heart.
3 They also do no unrighteousness; They walk in His ways.
4 You have ordained Your precepts, That we should keep them diligently.
5 Oh that my ways may be established To keep Your statutes!
6 Then I shall not be ashamed When I look upon all Your commandments.
7 I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart, When I learn your righteous judgements.
8 I shall keep Your statutes; do not forsake me utterly!" Psalm 119: 1-8

Pay attention to verse four. "You have ordained Your precepts, That we should keep them diligently." DILIGENTLY. How often do I diligently keep His precepts. To me, being diligent in something requires paying specific attention to it, being deliberate in the choices we make, things we say, thoughts we think. I pray that I am diligent in keeping His precepts today!

2 comments:

Erika W. said...

Claire! What a wonderful nugget to find this morning. If you don't mind, I'm going to leave this up today, it's perfect.

I like verse 5. "Oh that my ways may be established to keep your statutes." That tells me that the diligence does pay off. It is possible to become "set in your ways" in an obedient manner to God. And then verse 6 says "when I look upon ALL your commandments." All of them! That means that we will be able to read our Bible and know that we are keeping ALL of God's laws close to our heart. Wow. When I think about that...being completely righteous before the Lord, it gives me soemthing to strive for. Just as you said Claire, to be diligent and pay attention specifically to following God's Word.

Unknown said...

Sure! I can't wait to see what other little nuggets we find from God! Isn't it amazing how many different things we can see even when we've read certain scriptures many times?