Tuesday, January 23, 2007

None Can Imagine

Well, first off, let me just say that I know I wanted to wake earlier in the morning... but this... this is a little crazy God. Our normal wake-up time is 6:45 in the morning. The times I've tried getting up early, the alarm wakes Zander, and makes my early rising pointless. So this morning I was wide awake at 4:50 in the morning. Like I said... I know I wanted to wake up earlier, but I was thinking along the lines of 30 minutes earlier... not several HOURS. I guess there will be a hot breakfast for all this morning.

Anyway. My reading this morning began in 1 Corinthians. I read a few chapters, but the verse I am thinking about this morning is found in 1 Corinthians 2. Here is verse 9, a great verse indeed:

However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"

No mind has conceived... I love picking apart at details. Let's just roll that one around for a minute. No mind means to me that of all the speculating ever done by anyone here on earth as to what Heaven is going to be like, that not a single one has gotten it right. No one has even come close to imagining what Heaven will be like. That is mind-boggling. Of all the people who have ever lived, and who are living on earth today, there isn't a single one who has conceived in their brain the possibilities of Heaven. How cool is that! That says to me that the most awesome thing that I can imagine about Heaven isn't enough. It isn't good enough for God to call it Heaven. Doesn't that just make you a little excited to see just what it is? The exhiliration you experience before you go somewhere new, or tackle a new advneture... Heaven is going to be so much better than that.

And just who gets to experience that? This verse tells us very clearly. That God is preparing it for those who love him. That's it. Not those who love him AND do good works. Or those who love him AND (fill in the blank). Simply those who love him. If we love God, we get to go to Heaven. Simple enough. There are no conditions, no rules for membership, no annual fees necessary- all we need to do is Love God.

So this morning I am certainly loving God. As I am experiencing this strange morning sensation of being wide awake BEFORE I even have my coffee. God can do anything- even help someone who sleeps just a little to much to sleep a little less. I pray that I will continue to love him throughout my day today, and that I will love my family even more than I did yesterday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a "and Heaven is going to be so much better" experience the other night. I was singing a special in church one Sunday night, so I stopped singing the choruses to rest my voice. I just started listening and it was the most beautiful, worshipful sound I'd heard. Then I thought, just imagine how much better and more beautiful this is going to be when we are in Heaven, worshipping Jesus after we've seen Him and have nothing else to think about than Him! WOW! AND, at that point EVERY knee and EVERY tongue will bow before Him and confess Him as Lord. How awesome Heaven is going to be.