Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

As the calendars flip and we wake this morning to find ourselves in the midst of 2007, I realize we have so much to be thankful for. It's a new year! A time to start over and a time to re-commit to something that may have fallen behind. This morning I am reflecting on a short and simple Bible verse.

"I love you, LORD, my strength." Psalm 18:1

That's it. :-) Because he most certainly is my strength. Without God, I would accomplish nothing. My home would be trashed, my children unruly, and my marriage a disaster. God is my strength and he gives me the strength I need to face each and every day. He has given me a glorious strength to wake up this morning with joy and be thankful for the new year. I'm not usually one for resolutions and new beginnings, but I just know that this year is going to be awesome! Wonderful things are going to happen for my families- both physical and spiritual. And it is God who gives me the strength to endure the bad that may come along- because we know that Satan doesn't like this happy place that I am in, and he will do what he can to try and mess that up. Fortunately, with God's strength, I will overcome those trials, and I will be all the better for them.

It's a beautiful morning, and a beautiful new year. Think about how many people you can talk to about Jesus this year! A fresh start to share the gospel while people are searching for answers. Again, it will be God's strength that will give me the words to say when the opportunity comes knocking. God is great! I thank him for his patience with me this past year, and I look forward to being his servant in the year to come.

No comments: