Thursday, November 16, 2006

Without Charge

Have you heard the saying "There's no free lunch?" Or how about the saying "The best things in life are free." Everyday in my inbox I receive several e-mails claiming to have free things for me. Join here and win money! Click here and you can receive a free computer! Do this, this, and this, and you can receive a gift card to the store of your choice. They all have a catch. Whether the catch is a virus for your computer or permission to receive even more of those unwanted e-mails.

Unlike all of our possessions and worldly things, salvation is without a catch. Salvation from our sins is 100% free- guaranteed. "The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." Revelation 22:17. See that! God says salvation is a free gift! Eternal life in Heaven is without charge- for all of us! It is free for you and me, for the neighbor lady, for the town mayor, and for the convict serving consecutive life sentences. It's 100% free for all of us. Why is that? It is free because our admission has already been paid. Our tickets have been signed for by none other than Jesus Christ himself. He paid the ultimate price so that we might spend eternity in heaven. When we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and savior, God charges up our sin to Jesus's account and it disappears for good. We become debt free with our Heavenly Father because Jesus paid the price on the cross. Jesus paid our debt in full!

Isaiah 55:1 says “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink;even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk;it’s all free!" would you turn down a free drink? Or a free meal? How about a year free of living expenses? Would you take that? Salvation is yours for the taking! We can stop trying to pay the debt Christ payed ourselves. No amount of good deeds or random acts of kindness will get us in the doors of Heaven. All we need to do is accept what Jesus as done for us personally and recognize him as our Lord and Savior, and the doors will be wide open to all of us. Wide open! Let's look at that verse again- Revelation 22:17 "The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life." Come to Jesus and drink freely for all eternity.

Here is a simple prayer that you can pray right now to accept the price Jesus paid for you.
"Lord, I'm coming! I'm coming to Christ. I'm coming to say that I'm sorry thatyou had to die to pay for my sins- sins you didn't commit- my sins. Thank you, Lord Jesus. Lord, I'm coming to say that I'm done trying to buy my way into Heaven. I'm bankrupt without you Lord. Jesus, I've come, and here I am! Forgive me for my sinful life, come into my heart, enter my life, and give me eternal life. Thank you Lord Jesus! Amen."

Welcome to Heaven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can we turn it down?! Thanks for being obedient and sharing the message of God's love and forgiveness! Such a perfect gift to accept.

Erika W. said...

Lol. Let me tell you Claire, when you try to be disobedient...it's amazing how that "thing you're supposed to do" keeps burning at the forefront of your mind.

And you're right- it IS a perfect gift. It's free and it's everlasting, and it's one size fits all. No need to return it or exchange it. I just pray that the person who needs to hear this message gets it and takes it to heart.