Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just a Thought

Tonight we had friends over for dinner. One of the things we talked about was Ted Haggart. That is a really sad situation. Justin mentioned that he had read the letters that Rev. Haggart and his wife wrote to the church. In her letter, Mrs. Haggart wanted to assure the congregation that her husband believed everything he had said and taught them, his words were not fake. Justin said that he was really encouraged by that because he often felt the same way. I think I have to agree. Sometimes, I say things to encourage other people or in a form of instruction, things that I really believe; but then I go and do the opposite of what I've said. That doesn't mean that I don't believe what I've told someone else. I guess it just shows that I, on my own, am very weak and can't even do what I believe sometimes. Kind of like Paul when he said that what he hates he does and what he wants to do he cannot. I pray that my mis-steps don't hinder someone else from calling on God for salvation, that I'm not a stumbling block. Thank God that He is forgiving and has provided a way to fellowship with Him, even when we do fall! I want to do what I believe.

The next name to take a look at - El Roi, the God who sees!

No comments: